- Cut the chilli in half and remove the top stem, deseed, and finely chop.
- Add all the ingredients for the BBQ sauce into a pan and bring to a boil. Remove from the heat and allow to infuse and cool.
- Place half the sauce into a bowl with the chicken, mix and leave to marinade. Ideally marinade the chicken for 3-5 hours in the fridge covered in cling film on a low shelf.
- Place the potatoes in a pan and cover with cold water, add a sprig of mint and cook together with ¼ teaspoon salt for around 10 minutes.
- Whilst the potatoes are cooking place the chicken thighs, or your butterfly chicken breasts onto the BBQ and sit any of the remaining herbs or spices on the top.
- It will take approximately 20 minutes to cook the chicken thighs and 8 mins to cook the chicken breasts, turning both different cuts of chicken once.
- Spray or rub a little Wharfe Valley rapeseed oil into the broccoli.
- When the chicken is ¾ of the way through cooking, add the broccoli stems to your BBQ and cook turning once or twice for an even cook.
- Drain the potatoes and add butter if you wish.
- The chicken should now be ready. If you have a food thermometer test the chicken and it should be over 75 °C in the center. If you do not have a thermometer check with a knife in the center of the chicken, the juices should be clear.
- Place the drained potatoes on the plate along with your cooked chicken. Add three stems of tenderstem broccoli.
- Finish off with a little drizzle of the reserved BBQ sauce from earlier and serve.
- Happy BBQ time.
All ingredients used in this recipe are available to purchase from the Fodder Farm Shop