Have a go at making your own chicken pie, and we guarantee if you buy all your ingredients from Fodder it really will be the best pie you have ever tasted!
To make the pastry
Crumb the butter and flour together
Add the salt and eggs
Mix together and slowly add the water
Rest in the fridge for 30 mins
Roll out the pastry onto a floured surface
1. Preheat the oven at 180°c (160°c fan) / gas mark 4.
2. Heat a drop of oil in a pan and the add the diced chicken, season with salt and pepper,
brown and then set aside.
3. Add the vegetables to the same pan and brown.
4. Add the chicken back to the pan, sprinkle over the flour and coat the meat
5. Add the cream, chicken stock and mustard to the pan and mix together, season
6. Place into the oven and cook for 90mins, uncovered.
7. Once cooked through, allow to cool.
8. Cover the pie mix with the pastry. Crimp the edges and make a few cuts into the
surface of the pastry. Brush with beaten egg.
9. Place in the oven until golden brown.
All ingredients used in this recipe are available to purchase from the Fodder Farm Shop