- Boil the milk and cream together in a pan
- In another pan melt the butter and chocolate together
- Combined the butter and chocolate with the milk and cream
- Add any flavourings to the mix at this stage (liqueurs etc) a tsp at time.
- Cool and chill for a couple of hours.
- Shape the truffles using your hand, rolling the truffles between your hands to create balls. You could also use a piping bag to pipe rounds on to greaseproof paper.
- Coat your truffles after shaping – try crushed, shelled pistachio nuts; lightly toasted desiccated coconut; or simply cocoa powder.
- Melt 100g milk, dark or white chocolate for 10 truffles. Allow chocolate to cool slightly and then with a fork, pick up one truffle at a time and hold over the bowl of melted chocolate. Spoon the chocolate over the truffle until well-coated. Place on the baking tray, then chill.
All ingredients used in this recipe are available to purchase from the Fodder Farm Shop