There is nothing more comforting than being presented with a large plate full of homemade Smokey baked beans, top quality sausages and bacon, with glorious fried eggs and mushrooms. May we present you the Fodder Full Yorkshire Breakfast, although we think this is worthy of making an appearance at dinner time too.
- Start by making the Smoky Baked Beans. Very finely chop the onion and add to a heavy bottomed pot. Drizzle a very generous amount of olive oil into the pot and set your heat to medium. Fry your onions until soft. This should take around 5 minutes. Add your grated garlic and stir continuously until fragrant and slightly golden.
- Add the rest of the ingredients for your beans into the pot. and turn down the heat to low and pop a lid on. Stir occasionally so the beans don’t stick to the bottom of the pot. Cook for 35/40 minutes.
- Turn on your oven to 180C/160 Fan. Place your tomatoes onto a baking tray with a little drizzle of olive oil. Bake for 35 minutes.
- Meanwhile, start frying your bacon, sausages and black pudding in a very hot non-stick frying pan. Cook the sausages for at least 10-12 minutes and the bacon and black pudding for 2/3 minutes a side. Place each item into a bowl with a little kitchen towel to get rid of any excess fat. Cover with foil and set aside.
- Next, fry your mushrooms in a little oil and season with salt and pepper for 5 minutes. Add to your bowl with the sausages etc.
- Lastly, fry your eggs by cracking them directly into your frying pan. Cook for 2/3 minutes. Meanwhile, toast the bread of your choice and add salted butter.
- To serve, add all your components onto a large serving plate and dig in!
All ingredients used in this recipe are available to purchase from the Fodder farm shop