1.Heat the oil in a medium saucepan, then soften 1 chopped onion and 2-3 chopped carrots until soft.
2. When soft, turn up the heat, crumble in 500g lamb mince and brown, draining off any excess fat.
3. Add 2 tbsp tomato purée, then fry for a few mins.
4. Pour over 500ml beef stock, bring to a simmer, then cover and cook for 40 mins, uncovering halfway. Season with salt and pepper.
5. Meanwhile, heat the oven to 180C/ fan 160C/ gas 4, then make the mash. Boil the 900g potato, cut into chunks, in salted water for 10-15 mins until tender. Drain, then mash with 85g butter and 3 tbsp milk.
6. Put the mince into an ovenproof dish, top with the mash and ruffle with a fork.
7. Bake for 20-25 mins until the top is starting to colour and the mince is bubbling through at the edges.
Tip – Add some grated cheese on top and grill for 5 mins for a crispy top!
All ingredients used in this recipe are available to purchase from the Fodder Farm Shop