This hearty chowder is packed full of flavour and makes for a great lunch withsome crusty bread. Suitable for freezing, you can make a batch and enjoy again later in the week.
- Sweat the garlic, leek, celery, onion, potato, carrots & bouquet garni in a large knob of butter until soft but not coloured.
- Add one glass of dry white wine and 1.5 litres of vegetable stock and season well with salt and pepper.
- Bring to the boil and then simmer until vegetables are cooked and soft.
- Just before serving remove bouquet garni, then add double cream, smoked haddock and peas, simmering for 5 minutes until fish is cooked.
- Serve immediately with fresh crusty bread.
All ingredients used in this recipe are available to purchase from the Fodder Farm Shop